Just wanted to start a subject for general debate, following an experience I had yesterday.
My boys and myself joined a shooting club, and went through an intro course to be allowed to shoot .22 lr pistol.
Yesterday was our first session; it was the first time in 17 years or so that I had fired a pistol, 4th time in my life ever. I was pretty amazed to find that I could freehand (with both hands) a 10 shot 3 inch group at 25 meters (27 yards). Of the 50 shots fired, all were in the black, ie. within an 8 inch diameter group.
My question is of course how GST relates to learning fine motor skills like shooting. I would imagine that the sPL-work has direct carry-over to being able to stabilise the gun with straight arms, giving more available time to gently squeeze the trigger, before the gun starts travelling all over the place. The handstand work help create awareness of scapular position.
In what ways could GST be argued to contribute to having a good stance, steady hands, hand-eye coordination etc.?