This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/SE4 & 5 : is it ok to try them on the ground?

Started by Arpad Halasz, April 7, 2016 · 3 Replies · 131 Views

Arpad Halasz

I will start SE4 next week and was wondering if I could also train it with my hands flat on the ground or should I stick to parallel bars as I did for the 1/2 sits?

What's the difference between the 2 versions?

Cole Dano

Yes doing on the ground is better in some ways as it absolutely guarantees that your legs and hips are lifted to the correct height.

This also means that it is also somewhat harder.

Arpad Halasz

Thanks for the answer, I'll try the mastery on the ground then for the extra challenge :)

Jon Douglas

Flat hands is certainly harder, in the sense of being stricter :)

For comfort I find first knuckle easiest, but it gives me an extra maybe inch of clearance, so whilst it's 'enough' it's not really milking the element in that sense :)