The Beauty of Movement in Slo-mo

Started by Coach Sommer, November 2, 2009 · 11 Replies · 6,040 Views

Coach Sommer

uqGA1CWHGVo

The preceding video clip of slo-mo freerunning came to my attention today when the young man who created it subscribed to the Gymnastic Bodies Youtube videos. I particularly enjoyed the single leg jumps performed at the 1:03 and 3:00 marks respectively.

Are the bursting watermelons a trait of free running :wink:?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

John Sapinoso

The relative stillness of a body in motion becomes much more apparent in slow motion. Looks like floating. Why can't the world move in slow motion?

Nick Van Bockxmeer

Very well made video. I have always been inspired by the freedom of parkour (even though most of that was free running). It may not have the technique of gymnastics but I think it has more spirit.

The jump across the waterfall was insane.

Richard Duelley

PK got me started in my quest to better myself . . . we trained in at the VT gymnastics gym once a week and I made friends with the gymnasts and just got roped in! I still dabble in it and go to a few jams every so often (thats what we call training sessions in the PK world :mrgreen: ) because I have a lot of friends that practice and its great to go out and see how the club has grown. When I started it was like 8 people, about 3-4 experienced and then 3-4 new people including myself, now our "Newbie Jams" routinely have 30+ NEW people . . . and we host one of those EVERY Monday!!

If you read the credits at the end the guy named Leon Mederos is a good friend of mine and I was one of the first few people in the Virginia Tech Parkour Club, I dont even know if it actually was a club then :wink: . http://www.parkour.org.vt.edu/

It’s a very fun and unique activity for sure! 8)

braindx

Hah, it's Levi's account. Yeah, I def know most of the guys as well.

Mikael Kristiansen

Slow motion really makes one appreciate movement in a different way. Beautiful video. Here is another really nice one.

U52S00NUdqk

Joshua Naterman

Wow! Those are both great videos! I love watching them, there is great beauty in motion to me. I also like looking at the fulcrums for the various movements, and the center of the spins.

Guest

And another one, this one from my fellow Dutchman KJER (a big name in the tricking scene):

R80acLgR3Fs

Marcelo Lara

...and, suddenly, I began to see my entire world in slow-motion :lol:

It happens me when I see a video in slo-mo.

Really nice the first vdeo! And the watermelons: OUTSTANDING! Hahahaha :lol:

super_hippie

WOW! Amazing videos! Thanks for sharing these. It is so cool to see all of this is slo-mo. It is amazing how graceful everything becomes.

Gregor

I do not know why do people use a word "TRICK"

Definition of "TRICK":

An act or procedure intended to achieve an end by deceptive or fraudulent means

This are not tricks but SKILLS!!!