Hi,
How does this look?
SL/PE4 Side view
SL/PE4 iM
Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Young Chan Park, April 4, 2016 · 14 Replies · 174 Views
Hi,
How does this look?
SL/PE4 Side view
SL/PE4 iM
Thanks!
Ideally you'd be a little more over the edge of the sofa, but I'm not sure if your set up will allow it. How are you anchoring yourself here btw? It looks like you just have a pillow behind your calves, that can't be.
33 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:Ideally you'd be a little more over the edge of the sofa, but I'm not sure if your set up will allow it. How are you anchoring yourself here btw? It looks like you just have a pillow behind your calves, that can't be.
Thank you for the comment
I'll try go further next time.
Its a super magical pillow... I actually put the dumbbell that I used for the iM inside the pillow ![]()
On 4 April 2016 at 6:07 PM, Cole Dano said:Ideally you'd be a little more over the edge of the sofa, but I'm not sure if your set up will allow it. How are you anchoring yourself here btw? It looks like you just have a pillow behind your calves, that can't be.
I've placed a stretch block to elevate myself. Does this look high enough or should I go higher?
I'm on my 4th set on this video so I get a bit tired don't go as high up on the later reps.
I'll find a way to stop the forward and backward bobbing somehow next time..
Sorry if I confused you , I meant your hips should be more over the edge of the sofa, right now you're entire waist is resting on the arm rest whereas ideally the waist would be hanging off the edge.
The block might actually be able to help this though, try moving it back as far as you can and see if that frees up your waist.
16 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:Sorry if I confused you , I meant your hips should be more over the edge of the sofa, right now you're entire waist is resting on the arm rest whereas ideally the waist would be hanging off the edge.
The block might actually be able to help this though, try moving it back as far as you can and see if that frees up your waist.
Ah sorry you were actually very clear. I was just in a hurry to finish all my exercises today and forgot to double check your post beforehand :/ thanks again though ![]()
Young Chan, very clever pillow! Once you move forward over the edge of the sofa per Cole's instructions, I don't think that small dumbbell will be heavy enough to anchor you. If someone could hold and press your ankles down, that should do the trick and eliminate the bobbing too.
2 hours ago, Eva Pelegrin said:Young Chan, very clever pillow! Once you move forward over the edge of the sofa per Cole's instructions, I don't think that small dumbbell will be heavy enough to anchor you. If someone could hold and press your ankles down, that should do the trick and eliminate the bobbing too.
Yeah I had friends hold my leg down before but its Easter break now so they've gone home. I'll post a video once they come back ![]()
On 8 April 2016 at 1:18 PM, Eva Pelegrin said:Young Chan, very clever pillow! Once you move forward over the edge of the sofa per Cole's instructions, I don't think that small dumbbell will be heavy enough to anchor you. If someone could hold and press your ankles down, that should do the trick and eliminate the bobbing too.
On 8 April 2016 at 0:55 PM, Cole Dano said:Sorry if I confused you , I meant your hips should be more over the edge of the sofa, right now you're entire waist is resting on the arm rest whereas ideally the waist would be hanging off the edge.
The block might actually be able to help this though, try moving it back as far as you can and see if that frees up your waist.
Here is me doing the element with further off the edge. Got a friend to help ![]()
Quick question.

I've mentioned this problem of mine on other posts as well, just wanted to ask again.
It looks like I have really tight lower back, so however strongly I contract my quads I can't hinge from my hips. This problem is stalling me on RC/PE1, MN/PE2, pHS/PE1, and it looks like it appears here as well.
4-5 months might not be such a long time in GB standards, but I've noticed the problem and really focussed on trying to fix it by strongly contracting to hinge when doing all these elements. It either hasn't improved or the improvement has been minuscule. I'm doing the weekly Front Splint series as well, but is there any suggested additional mobility element that addresses this issue?
Thanks
The arch ups look great. I hope every set isn't quite such a production for you to set up though, looked like it was more work than the actual set ![]()
Hip hinging is important, but you're in luck now, because it's irrelevant for arch ups, your bottom position is fine,
12 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:The arch ups look great. I hope every set isn't quite such a production for you to set up though, looked like it was more work than the actual set
Hip hinging is important, but you're in luck now, because it's irrelevant for arch ups, your bottom position is fine,
Thanks
ill work on it to get the 5sx10r.
Thank god hinging is irrelevant in this element. But for te sake of other elements, is there any recommended supplementary mobility drill?
I think pike leans are one of the best iM's for working on hip hinging.
If you have a yoga block you can do a pike lean with the block between your legs, right up in the groin, and try to 'push the block backwards.
On 26 April 2016 at 8:16 AM, Cole Dano said:I think pike leans are one of the best iM's for working on hip hinging.
If you have a yoga block you can do a pike lean with the block between your legs, right up in the groin, and try to 'push the block backwards.
I wasn't sure what a pike lean was so I searched "Pike lean" on youtube and followed the first video that came up.
I did a 10 second hold, trying to push the block back but I have a feeling this was what you were talking about :/
Look at Mn/PE3>iM
22 hours ago, Cole Dano said:Look at Mn/PE3>iM
Thanks!!