This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretch routine

Started by Samin Ishtiaq, April 4, 2016 · 4 Replies · 179 Views

Samin Ishtiaq

I've just bought all three Stretch courses. I was expecting to hit a page like https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/intro/ that gave me an overview of frequency, combination with F1+HS days, etc. I scanned through the archives and couldn't find a specific answer, so asking here.

I'm on 4-day F1+HS routine of:

Mon: F1 (FL+SPL+HBP+RC)

Tues: F1 (SL+MN+SLS+HS) + HS

Thurs: F1 (FL+SPL+HBP+RC) + HS

Fri: F1 (SL+MN+SLS+HS)

which I mostly do in the morning.

What are good days for me to do the stretches? (Or: what are good days to *not* do the stretches?) I've read in the archives that I should only do one each per week, that I shouldn't do all on the same day.

For instance, can I do FS on Mon evening, MS on Wed, TB on Fri?

And do I do all progressions in a session (all 24 of FS)?

 

Thanks!

Samin

Guido Franchetti

Do each at most once a week on different days. Spacing them out as much as possible during the week is not a bad idea.  Doing them at the end of a workout is probably the best time. You do all the progression (you can manage with good form/without injuring yourself), like in the follow along video.

Apart from that there are no rules, how to combine them with the Foundation or Headstand workout seems to be mostly a personal thing, experiment and see what suits you best.

Si Hoang

Hi Samin,

to answer your last question yes you do all progressions in a session, so if doing FS you do progression 1 through to 24.

One bit of advice would probably be to space the FS and MS as far apart as possible to allow sufficient recovery as they can be quite rough on the hamstrings.

Enjoy!

Samin Ishtiaq

Thank you Guido and Si Hoang.

Samin Ishtiaq

Just to close this thread, this is my current program:

Mon AM: F1 (FL+SPL+HBP+RC)

Tues AM: F1 (SL+MN+SLS+HS) + HS

Tues PM: FS

Thurs AM: F1 (FL+SPL+HBP+RC) + HS

Thurs PM: TB

Fri F1: (SL+MN+SLS+HS)

Fri PM: MS

 

If I have time, I do the stretch immediately after F1/HS, as it feels really great. For instance, the last two Fridays I've managed to slot F1+MS in a single session.