This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE 1 cannot bend enough at the hips

Started by Guido Franchetti, April 4, 2016 · 5 Replies · 147 Views

Guido Franchetti

I have started recently with F1, and when doing this element if I keep my hips level, with no up or down motion, the amount of bending at the hip I manage is probably half that in the video, for sure I do not manage to get my torso perpendicular to the floor. I suppose it is because of a lack of strength, what shall I do to address this? Since I cannot do a proper rep I am starting at step 1, however I feel that, albeit with limited range, I could do more than the 3x3r. Should I Increase the volume to build strength or stay at step 1 until I can perform a correct rep?

Alessandro Mainente

Can you post a video for further evaluation?

Guido Franchetti

Will do this week, thanks!

Guido Franchetti

All right here it is. I can notice that I am leading with the head, which I should not do, and  in these few reps my hips sometimes move up, which other times I have managed to avoid. But there is very little hinging at the hips, and without lowering them I still have not got how to fix it.

 

Jeremy Huston

Your rings are too low and hips too far forward to match the motion in the course video. The ending position should have your hips pretty much directly under the rings. Since you have short straps on your rings (not hanging from the ceiling), your starting position will look different than in the videos.

Guido Franchetti

Right, that makes a lot of sense, thanks. There isn't much I can do about it at home, but at the gym I should be able to position the TRX higher.