This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Breakfast to lunch

Started by Sean Wood, April 3, 2016 · 3 Replies · 177 Views

Sean Wood

Since trying to stick to the standards I'm finding that when I eat my eggs and extra protein (ham, or bacon, or cheese if scrambled) that lunch time hunger either isn't there or doesn't come till late afternoon usually past my lunch break. Mostly I'm forcing myself to eat those lunch veggies cause I don't have an appetite. Some times I don't get a lunch break due to my job and I have snack avail in the form of nuts or fruits. Should I cut back on breakfast size or could I include my lunch veggies with my breakfast? Breakfast would be 2-3 eggs with a slice or couple pieces of the choices mentioned. Breakfast and dinner tend to be the biggest meals of my day since I enjoy eating the most meat at those times. Meaty lunches tend to make me sleepy in the afternoon. Blending may be another way I may get it done though too possibly. Thanks. 

Jeff Serven

Try to eat a smaller breakfast so you are hungry and enjoy lunch. If you have to skip a lunch break then plan with foods that are easy to eat on the go. I can put down a can of tuna, rice and my salad in about 4 minutes if I have to. And during the busy season thats pretty much what I have to do. 

Sean Wood

K thanks Jeff, Rice and tuna, funny that's a combo I used to do back in my lifting days. Nice that's an easy one to go back to.

Do you have a preference for solid white or just plain flaked yellow fin? I used to go for the more expensive solid white but I read somewhere that it had a higher level of mercury content than the other? Not sure if that's true.  

Jeff Serven

I cant remember which video its in but I cover how to buy canned fish. Basically look for the highest fat content. 

Canned tuna/salmon is easy because it keeps forever and requires very little prep. Rice is super easy to cook and a handful or two of spinach with a touch of olive oil takes no time to make and eat.