This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE5 form check

Started by Maksis Riley, April 1, 2016 · 8 Replies · 153 Views

Maksis Riley

I've got a fair bit of time to work this as I slowly bring my dislocates in. I think I am matching the course video but do I need more shoulder flexion? And should I aim to master it with some extra weight?

 

 

 

 

Cheers,

Max

 

Alessandro Mainente

I've 2 personal suggestion for you

-first one is do not extend your wrists, your real flexion is measured with neutral grip

-second one will boost your hs alignment with the time, instead of lift completely the armpit focus on pushing it on the floor and after raise your arm. to make this easier use your scapular protraction (lateral rotation). 

Maksis Riley

Awesome advice, thank you Alessandro. I'll implement these suggestions and post an update on Tuesday.

 

Really appreciate the tips :)

Max

Eva Pelegrin

@Alessandro Mainente, great cues! By "lateral rotation" you mean external rotation, correct?

Alessandro Mainente

No I mean the movement where the lower part of the scapulae is moved away from the spine (laterally) in combination with the upward rotation , that combines both AC and SC joints.

 

Eva Pelegrin

Got it! taking notes. Will try tmw, tx!

Kate Abernethy
On 4/1/2016 at 2:47 PM, Maksis Riley said:

And should I aim to master it with some extra weight?

 

 

Definitely! 2.5Kg minimum, build up to 10-20Kg :)

[See you at the speciality HS seminar :D]

Maksis Riley

10-20kg! :o that sounds truly awful! For the PE?? I know the dislocates we are aiming for that range.

 

Oh yes! See you there Kate B-)

Max

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

It is a long therms goal, my PR's were around 22 kg on the standing prone version and around 17 kg for the floor version both prone and supine. it takes time, but pays off.