This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE9, which is more difficult: headstand or stall bars?

Started by Arpad Halasz, April 1, 2016 · 3 Replies · 112 Views

Arpad Halasz

I have access to stall bars but I was wondering if it was more challenging to do this move in a headstand.

I've been already doing this move in yoga in the headstand position but freestanding (not my back against a wall), is it a good option to do it that way?

Alessandro Mainente

If done in headstand position you need to compensate the bottom position by moving the butt in the opposite direction of the legs , the butt will return in the normal position of a headstand as the legs move closer to vertical position.

Stallbar version does not have the balance problem.

Arpad Halasz

I try to keep my hips (butt) over the shoulders and not move them at all when the legs go up and down. If I do it against the wall my lower back stays in contact with the wall, is it the right position?

David Barclay

I find stall bars a lot more challenging. For starters, when I am positioned on them I can drop my feet a lot lower than a headstand. In a headstand, the floor gets in the way... on the bars my head is about a foot off the ground, which gives room for my feet to pass the same plane as my head.

I find it a lot hard on the grip and wrists as well. The long sets add up...