This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mana PE 6

Started by Ioan Tomoiaga, March 31, 2016 · 8 Replies · 281 Views

Ioan Tomoiaga

Can someone provide some guidance on what drills I can do in order to build the abdominal strength to perform the curling portion of Mana PE 6? I don't have the strength yet to curl my body in order to perform the negative. Thank.

Cole Dano

Can you be more specific? Can you get your feet to the bar? Is the problem that your feet are just dropping down? Something else.....? 

Ioan Tomoiaga

I cannot curl my body to get my feet to the bar. 

Cole Dano

Ok, a couple of suggestions, at first it's fine to use momentum to get up to the bar. So it can help to think of this as a dynamic tuck HLL. Pull quickly into the tuck HLL thinking of bringing your knees to your chest. As you feel your hips start to lift, shoot your legs up for the bar. It can even be a good idea to try to catch the bar with your toes at first until you have some control.

That failing, you can also ask a friend to help push you up and work hard on getting that negative to come down slowly.

Coach Sommer

Have you already mastered PEs & iMs 1-5?  Are you also training the Front Split stretch series?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ioan Tomoiaga

Coach, I have but I find that it's not enough to prepare me to curl my body against gravity to have my upper back lay on the stall bar. When I see the athlete doing it, he has so much control. I'm trying to mimic that. I've been working on the movement on the ground. 

Ioan Tomoiaga

Cole, thanks for the information. I will work on it tomorrow. 

Ioan Tomoiaga

No I am not training the stretch series. 

Coach Sommer

If you are not training the Front split series or another intensive stretch protocol in addition to the iMs you will have insufficient mobility to progress much farther.

Remember all of the GB courses are designed to work in concert together.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer