Besides the obvious reality, could someone explain the neurophysiology of why bent arm strength doesn't translate to straight arm strength?
You see all kinds of recommendations concerning for example, auxiliary drills for planche, and despite of the said impossibility of translation, people keep recommending exercises like weighted dips and some coaches even bench press. Though I get the general idea of the difference of both kinds of strength, I have my doubts if bent arm drills are totally useless, since I've seen some progress myself after some time without almost no training with the planche progression and just doing weight lifting (and bodyweight exercises like pushups, pullups, etc.) and after some time I just went from the simple frogstand to the tuck planche without passing through the straight arm frogstand (which is more difficult to me than the tuck planche itself). So I wonder if the usual exercises just strengthened weak points that I had for example in the triceps and wrists that helped progress in the planche.
Also, if bent arm exercises are that irrelevant, I wonder if there is any advantage in doing straight arm weighted exercises, like dumbbell raises, straight arm pull downs, straight arm pullovers, etc.
Anyway, I'd like to know the neurophysiological basis that makes straight arm strength different and specific.