This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake / Straddle Leg Extension stalled

Started by Tony Sorensen, March 29, 2016 · 28 Replies · 795 Views

Tony Sorensen

Yep thats heavy - you definitely won't loose count working those! I maxxed out at triple 148kg back in 2013 at a bodyweight of 78kg after two years or so of lifting. So not quite double BW but reading my notes from back then it wasn't for want of trying! Leg mass was way up there like you say - I recall having a hard time finding trousers that fit.

You're probably well ahead of me but if you can get your hands on some fractional plates do so - they make such a difference.

John Koliopoulos

nah I'm still a noob ;D but gains are coming quick because of it. GJ 148kg for a triple is solid. 156kg would have been no problem for sure. Im at 82,x  kg in the morning, 84 kg during the day. straddle Maltese box press and back levers still work, press HS also. But front lever and planche are basically impossible now. :D 

fractional plates for maxing or what do you mean? btw, can you straddle planche or stalder press?

Tony Sorensen

Ha maybe, for some reason I never tried singles. Always went with my work sets - no idea why. Yep fractional plates for smaller increments as you get up to that max - worth every penny IMO. I'd have days where I couldn't move the bar for a set if I'd gone up by 2.5kg (my smallest regular plates were 1.25kg) but I could get there after working  +1.5kg then +1kg. Perhaps it was all in my head though :)

No stalder or straddle planche yet. I've only just started playing with full press HS after my H2 work and stalders seem a long way off yet. Straddle planche progress is glacial - I'm grinding SE4 week 5 out at the moment. I'm also finding front lever hard going (only on PE15) so the leg work is going to stay a low priority at the moment!

Tony Sorensen

Also fractional plates have helped me a lot with weighted mobility - case in point; seated good mornings. 

vlcsnap-2016-08-12-16h24m02s945.jpg