This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Should impingement rehab?

Started by Dorian Brown, March 29, 2016 · 4 Replies · 264 Views

Dorian Brown

Hello everyone, I could use some help. I was doing really well being consistent with my workout for the past 6 months or so until about a week ago when I got sick with a bad sinus infection. Anyway I was unable to workout for about a week and a half and now this week I just randomly had pain in my shoulder. I lost range of motion and it feels weak which is strange since it is usually my stronger shoulder. I'm unsure how to treat it because it's not an injury from activity but from the inactivity of being sick I guess. I thought about doing some Thoracic bridge stretch but I'm unsure if that will make it worse. 

Coach Sommer

Not uncommon.  Merely soreness from inactivity.

Focus on mobility work for a few days and see how the shoulder feels.  

If fine, then recommence your regular training.  However start with 1 to 2 PEs earlier than your current to test the shoulder.  

If fine, then begin your normal training elements several steps back in programming.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Dorian Brown

Is there anything I could have done when I was sick to prevent this from happening?

Ryan Bailey

Limber work.

Coach Sommer
1 hour ago, Dorian Brown said:

Is there anything I could have done when I was sick to prevent this from happening?

Perhaps light limbering as Ryan mentioned, however there is no reason to agonize over it.  You were sick and getting healthy was your bodies' main priority.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer