This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hungry after lunch

Started by Julia Quigley, March 28, 2016 · 4 Replies · 160 Views

Julia Quigley

I've noticed that I'm getting hungry pretty consistently about 20 minutes after lunch. I feel full right after lunch--even stuffed sometimes!--but shortly after I'm hungry again. This doesn't happen with breakfast or dinner. I used to get hungry shortly after lunch when I ate strictly paleo. I worked in an office then (I work from home now), and since there was a ready supply of coffee on hand, I'd usually have a cup of coffee with about 1/4 cup half and half that did the trick. 

That leads me to think maybe I'm not getting enough fat lunch, but I'd like to get another perspective because I don't feel like I'm short on fat--I love fat :) 

Today's lunch, for example, was 

  • Chuck roast (I didn't measure, but I'd say about a fist sized portion)
  • Rice pasta (2.5 fists?)
  • A little no sugar added tomato sauce with 1-1.5 tbsp grass fed butter
  • A baby spinach salad with strawberries, mint leaves, and 1-2 teaspoons of store-bought, crappy oil salad dressing (sorry, Jeff!). 

Any ideas? 

Jeff Serven

Try a cup of coffee with 1-2T heavy cream somewhere in-between breakfast and lunch see of that does anything for you. 

 

Julia Quigley

Thanks, Jeff! I'll try that this week and report back.

Julia Quigley

2 TBSP of grass-fed heavy cream in my coffee has done the trick! I'm not getting hungry until 3-4 hours after lunch.

Jeff, I'm assuming any snack of the roughly the same calories/fat levels as the 2 TBSP of cream will work? For instance, 2 TBSP of cream and `1/2 an oz of macadamia nuts both have about 100 calories and 10 grams of fat. 

I'm loving the satiety, but I don't regularly drink coffee (now that I work from home), and I'd rather not get a caffeine addiction ;) 

Jeff Serven

Perfectly fine yes. 

Glad it worked out for you.