This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tightness after SL PE1

Started by Guido Franchetti, March 27, 2016 · 4 Replies · 116 Views

Guido Franchetti

The day after SL PE1 (number of sets/reps is close to mastery) I feel very tight in the lower back/sides. It really is more tightness than doms. Are those the lats which are tight? I think they are the same muscles which one stretches in the shoulder pancake. Any mobility/stretching particularly recommended?

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

RC/PE2>im. Stretch into the shoulder to which you're leaning (leaning to the right side, stretch the right shoulder/lat). Try to get your arms and torso in a line. It can be pretty intense.

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Daniel, I'll try that.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Also, remember to have your eyes follow the weight in your hands. You want the movement to be an oblique twist and not shoulder rotation. If you head/eyes stay facing forward then you will likely feel it more in the shoulders and back. I have tight lats and shoulders so I know that I'm not turning my head/spine enough if I start to feel it in the wrong places.

Guido Franchetti

Ok, they day after was definitely lats, I'll pay more attention to where I feel it during the workout next time.