This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE3+iM Form check

Started by James Koppel, March 26, 2016 · 8 Replies · 117 Views

James Koppel

PE feels a bit too easy. Then again, I have been doing these during martial arts warmups for years.

 

 

Young Chan Park

I'm on this element as well. It looks like you have similar problems with me. I'll just quote what Cole said to me in my post. 

Do you have the middle split stretch course? Because they do this as part of the MS stretch so its a good reference to what you should aim for.

iM looks a bit unstable. Can you do a brief pause at the bottom of the rep and come up a bit slower?

Cole Dano said:

This still needs some time, you really need to focus on keeping those hips down. It may help to play with slowing down the tempo and making this as stretch like as possible.

Also not that your right knee collapses in keep the weight to the outside of the foot not the inside.

Finally try not point your toes on this one, let the toes point straight up to the ceiling.

James Koppel

Don't point your toes? :o That's like the opposite of the rest of gymnastics.

James Koppel

Okay, thanks a lot for the tips. I think I'm really getting this now. This is my mastery attempt. I'm feeling pretty ready to pass myself.....but something tells me others will say different.

 

 

Petri Widsten

Smooth PE with hips not rising much, Iooks like a pass to me. On the iM you can still improve (until you get all the way to the floor and can rest in the bottom position) but I'm not sure what the limit for mastery is.

Maksis Riley

Are you going to a completely straight leg on each side? It looks like not but could be the bottoms that you're wearing.

 

Max

James Koppel

From what I've been taught, a joint which is straight but not locked may still look slightly bent for many people, myself included.

Julia Quigley

I have no comments on mastery, but just thought I'd mention that it looks like you're putting most of your weight on your right leg during the iM. Could just be the pants/video, but thought I'd mention it in case one side is compensating for the other!

James Koppel

Oh. That probably has something to do with my broken toe on my left foot. I'll be able to use it fully again next week, but I've definitely been favoring the right side (e.g.: landing on one foot of the high bar).