This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Eggs

Started by Sam Andersen, March 23, 2016 · 4 Replies · 164 Views

Sam Andersen

 I know that eggs are a healthy source of fat and an excellent source of protein. If I use eggs as my protein source for lunch what amount of that is counted toward fat?  How many eggs do I need to eat to meet the 2-4 thumb size portion of fat? 

Thanks!

Jeff Serven

Sam! Good question. I never thought of this. 

I would say women 3-5 depending on body size. Thats why we use hands, they are proportionate. 

Men 4-6.

The fat is 2 fingers. Must be a typo. I will fix it. 

Sam Andersen

So just to make sure I understand you correctly.  For men 4-6 eggs would give us the amount of fat we are looking for for lunch? 

Jeff Serven

For your most common size man, yes. That would count as your fat and protein. But, if you eat 3 and your full then great, don't force an extra one for the sake of being in the range.  

Sam Andersen

I understand much better now.  Thank you for clarifying.