This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2 + iM Form Check

Started by Leonhard Krahé, March 22, 2016 · 11 Replies · 139 Views

Leonhard Krahé

Hey everyone,

please comment on my form for SL/PE2 - any insight is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Leo

Tobias Magnussen

You need to lower your hips a bit - Try to pause your video around 11secs when ur at the bottom of the rep. See how the hips is placed higher than your head? The hips need to stay in line with your head and not lift above or fall behind the line.

Leonhard Krahé

How is this one?
I tried to lower the hips by "stretching out" more, the movement feels better now.

 

Thanks in advance for all comments!

Leonhard Krahé

Bump!

Cole Dano

Improved, try to keep you body line more hollow by keeping your bottom ribs in and tailbone tucked.

Eva Pelegrin

Leonard, if you apply what Cole just said, you will notice you'll achieve a firmer body line and the speed rotation of your hips will be more in sync (closer) to the speed of rotation from your torso as one unit. What you have now is good just a touch a disconnected.

Leonhard Krahé

Thanks, will do so and report back in a couple of weeks!

Leonhard Krahé

Oh, and thanks Eva (for some reason, I didn't see your post at first :huh:). I tried it today and it already felt much better. Just for clarification, I would basically PPT some, right?

Cole Dano

yes

Leonhard Krahé

Good morning!
It's been longer than I wanted to but here is my video from last week - it was my sixth set of the day. Since going for more PPT, the exercise feels and seems to be hitting the right muscles much better. I think I need to slow it down a bit now, though.

 

Cole Dano

First side was better. It might help to slow your pace down, perhaps even doing fewer reps for a bit, and really focusing on form and more importantly consistency. It seems that the fast pace is keeping you from holding consistent form across the set. 

The key points

- straight body line

- PPT

finally, at the top of the rep, no need to throw arm back, the elbow position will be slightly in front and it's fine there. I think that's the thing that may be pushing into arching.

Leonhard Krahé

Thanks!
I only noticed when I was rewatching the video after uploading this morning that I am going really (too) fast. I'll drop some reps and focus on doing them slower. Regarding top position, I always thought "the more, the merrier". Will limit myself.