This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 with H1 and 2

Started by Alex Spigler, March 21, 2016 · 4 Replies · 239 Views

Alex Spigler

Hey everyone! Just bought the starter pack today and did my first workout.  As a heads up, the SPL/PE1 video and the IM video both said error and couldn't play anything so I skipped that exercise.

I see that people suggest doing F1 and H1 at the same time so I bought the starter pack.  I also saw on the roadmap though that stretching, H2, and movement are corequisites.  The template made an F1 and H1 integrated workout for me.  Do people suggest buying and including one or more of stretching, H2, and movement? If I did include those would I have to add those workout days in or would there be a workout template that would combine all of them? I'm not really sure how this would work.

Thanks for explaining.

Everett Carroll

Upon purchase of those additional courses, integration is explained. The stretch courses were a necessity for me and H2 is essential down the GST road. Movement is pure fun!!!

Jon Douglas

Seriously is :D

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

If you're doing F1+H1 and just starting out, I would hold off on H2. H2 is a necessity, but as you're just beginning it's a lot to take on. When you do buy H2, it's minimal extra work, and would be placed in your handstand workout. The stretch series are absolutely necessary (money issues notwithstanding) and you would do them after your foundation workout. Your foundation workout may vary but it's best to do the stretch series right away afterwards, whether you're doing a split routine with 3 exercises and 4 exercises (aka Fa/Fb) or all 7 exercises (aka F7).

 

Movement, is basic tumbling and it is fun, and if you're just starting out, its introductory 'diagnostic' elements would be a good place to begin and likely be enough work (Coach explains how to progress on Movement in the introductory article on this program--after having mastered the diagnostic elements first). You could also include the introductory elements as a warm up to your other Foundation workouts (if/when you buy the Movement program, this will make more sense), if you'd like. Movement would 'essentially' be done as a stand-alone workout on Saturday, with Foundation and Handstand limited to Monday-Friday. Does that help?

 

When in doubt, do more with less. Or, said differently, do less but more frequently. You'll make better progress and recovery that way.

Samin Ishtiaq

Do F1 + H1 + Stretch.