This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jerfferson Curls - before or after Front Split series

Started by Felix Schreiter, March 21, 2016 · 6 Replies · 427 Views

Felix Schreiter

Hey guys,

I am doing my Front split stretch series after my Lower body foundation day, during which I am also working on Jefferson curls. Shall I simply complete my F1 work out first (incl. Jefferson Curls) and then do the Front split series, or does it make sense to do the Jefferson curls separately after my stretching session.

 

I am asking because the Jefferson curl is such a strong stretch, so I thought maybe it is more beneficial to use it after having completed the stretch series.

 

Thanks

Felix

Coach Sommer

Complete the Foundation workout as assigned and then proceed into stretch.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Petri Widsten

I've progressed from JCs in F1 but keep doing them after FS, building the weight up slowly. Doing 30 kg today for the first time.

Jon Douglas

I am comfortable with my j-curls at bw and prefer doing them after a warmup limber, before my workout/stretch. Nothing stretches everything like em :)

I go heavier 60-80kg on foundation days and lighter 25-40kg on HS days. Seems to work pretty well

Felix Schreiter

Awesome thanks for the fast replies!

Paul Gray

How many sets and reps do you do for these Jon?

Jon Douglas

1x10. I don't generally go heavier than i can do for 5 reps at the top range, but occasionally I'll have a play. Its almost always grip that limits my reps