Last Christmas I asked for stall bars and Santa delivered, but really, my greatest gift was discovering GB two weeks later. The irony was I couldn’t install my stall bars on my sheetrock walls because I only have thin metal studs, so they’ve been sitting behind my entrance door until yesterday! Tragic.
There’s only one spot in my entire place where the stall bars could fit, right between my windows (and that was only after I gifted a spin bike to one of my trainers). To add insult to injury, that fake wall is actually narrower than the width of any stall bar. I had to speak to my super and get permission to tear down my studio wall in order to find the real building wall. Then, I hired a building engineer to create a custom steel frame and do the installation. This project included cutting the wall, welding industrial steel custom-made brackets, fumes, smoke (4th of July in a box), all while I was doing my Fri F7!
It’s an Artimex model and I chose oval rungs. Below are some pictures from the installation, in case someone has a similar challenge. Note the 3/8” steel brackets, in comparison to the factory ones laying by the side on picture SB04. One thing is for sure, there will be no YouTube videos of my stall bars ripping out of this wall nor people falling in my place. I will be paying for this installation for the rest of the year, but it is worth it to me. Feeling a sense of accomplishment. Getting anything done in this city is a miracle by definition. Here I am doing my Half HLL, keeping my legs straight, as promised.