This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS-PE1 + >iM Heaven

Started by Eva Pelegrin, March 20, 2016 · 8 Replies · 248 Views

Eva Pelegrin

I never skip lunch unless there’s a real emergency or someone/thing unexpected really grabs my attention. My meals are sacred and booked like appointments. Sometimes that means I eat while walking across the park (not ideal) or else I would literally not get a change to eat with my schedule. Today I made an exception. Instead of ordering lunch, I couldn’t wait one more second to try my newly installed stall bars, after all clients left and I finally had the afternoon to myself. I knew I couldn’t try the stall bars right after eating so I had to jumped in. 3 hrs went by, no lunch, in heaven, exploring the first pHS steps at last!!!!!

First time trying Inverted Pike Pull and feeling “como un pez en el agua” (like a fish to water). Thank you @Coach Sommer! This is what I needed for the last 20 years!! Before, I was working on my pike supine, hooking my feet under a bench, but the way gravity gets you with the stall bars is similar to what you can do with a trapeze bar, yet SO much better (and easier). As close as it gets to an instant cure! I can feel I’m going to progress much faster now. Watch me. I’m so excited right now... I’m going to post separately about my stall bar story/ordeal.

Inverted Pike Pull
The first clip is literally my first time. On the second one, I went a bit deeper, but still cautious. What do you think? I could work on flattening my thoracic, but I think that will get me more on my hamstrings/glutes insertion, rather than my lower back, which is my primarily mobility focus.

Plank Press
Are my feet too high? I will work on pulling my ribs in for my plank. Anything else? This is only my second set, so lot’s of room for improvement. What should I focus on.

 
 

Mark Collins

Did you feel the lower lumbar spine flex?

Eva Pelegrin

Yes! Was focusing on that

Coach Sommer

Keep those ribs pulled in and the back flat during shoulder flexion work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Eva Pelegrin

Ok, will focus on those. I think that with the intend to open the shoulders (as in a bridge), I went too far into retraction and spinal extension, when the focus point says scapula both protracted and elevated. Noted!

Mark Collins
9 hours ago, Eva Pelegrin said:

Yes! Was focusing on that

I am still trying to figure out why this flexes the low back so well. I use to think it was just because it was the inversion. Now I think that it also works so well because of the arms and thoracic spine have tension on them and the bit in the middle,mthe lumbar spine has no choice but to move.

Eva Pelegrin

My take: close chain. Top to bottom full tension. Plus you can self-select how much push (legs) or pull (arms) to target a certain region. And let's not forget our friend Gravity does the trick! Not sure that it would work outta space ;)

Young Chan Park

Omg stop teasing me with ur new stall bar... I'm studying abroad and moving houses every year so I can't get one T.T

First thing I'm going to buy when I start working..

Eva Pelegrin

Per Coach's suggestion, flat back, ribs pulled in: