This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE2 + IM

Started by Jonathan rusnak Rusnak, March 19, 2016 · 1 Replies · 75 Views

Jonathan rusnak Rusnak

Hey Everyone,

Been doing GB for a couple months now and thought it about time to put my movement out there to be tested in the community. 

I've noticed some improvements myself, but wanted to get as much feedback as possible for things I might have missed.

Appreciate any feedback and suggestions for improvement. 

This is 5 x 9. The last IM got cut out because my camera ran out of space.

Thanks in advance. 

 

Igor De Britto

Hey, buddy. I haven't mastered these yet, but you are doing somethings I was. So:
- Keep a straight body line. See how you are piking when you are going down. You need to engage your core and butt, just like in the plank.

- Increase protraction (shoulders moved forward). See how your scapulas are evident on your back. They will show up some as you lower yourself, but not a lot. This exercise should make you feel the burn on the traps too, which, for me, only happens with lots of protraction.

As for the iM, try to go a little slower and only turn enough to make a straight circle line (yeah, straight circle, I know =P). Imagine there's a light right above you. The shadow should be moving forward and backwards, but always in the same line. When mobility catches up, you will be rotating less and less the torso, as the shoulders will allow greater range of motion.

ps: If protraction feels hard to maintain, you should get back to PE1. It probably isn't a strength matter, but a proper muscle activation matter. So doing it with less load will enable you to get it easier. That's what I'm working on =)