This element is really starting to frustrate me.... I have no idea if what i'm doing is right or wrong - Therefore, could you guys plz have a check on my form and tell me, if i'm on the right path or not?
PE frontview:
PE sideview:
iM:
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Tobias Magnussen, March 19, 2016 · 17 Replies · 314 Views
This element is really starting to frustrate me.... I have no idea if what i'm doing is right or wrong - Therefore, could you guys plz have a check on my form and tell me, if i'm on the right path or not?
PE frontview:
PE sideview:
iM:
bump
The basic idea of the shrugs is there.
There is an asymmetry in how you are holding your right vs. left arm, unless you have an elbow issue that prevents it, make sure both arms are straight at all times in the shrugs.
Your tempo doesn't need to be so explosive, try to keep a smooth even tempo throughout the rep rather than making it a series of start stops.
For the swivel hips, just need to work to get the knee a bit closer to the floor, but you are doing it correctly.
Do you guys know of any supplemental exercises that can help with keeping the arms straight in this element??? My left arm seems to be alright, but seems like to me, i'm making no progress at all on my right arm.....
Try doing an elevated variation. E.g. using a chair or against a wall.
What does you guys think? Any improvement?
Thanks in advance!
Looks good. Now just stick with it until it's all nice and fluid. Great adjustments!
Tobias, nice improvement! Your body line is starting to look much better, more solid, yay!
For your Shrugs, try placing your hands with your fingers pointing out to 3 and 9 o'clock. You make like it better that way, or It may not make a difference to you. It's worth a try, if it helps.
Thank you guys! Think it was a smart move for me to step back on HBP/PE2 to HBP/PE1.5 (https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/24090-hbppe2im-form-check/). Have helped me quite a lot recently, where I'm starting to feel improvement in a lot of the elements I've struggled a lot with ![]()
I'll try to mess around with the handplacement, never really thought about trying out different handplacements.
Some new attempts for sPL/PE1. What do you guys think? Improved?
Everything looks good, just try to be a bit less explosive as you push up out of the bottom. We don't want you to get whiplash. ![]()
Smooth and steady is the goal.
Thanks a lot, Cole! I'll keep working on the tempo on this element; Glad the overall form seems to be alright ![]()
Been playing around with the tempo these last couple of days. Thoughts?
Getting there.
Now just reduce the dwell time at the bottom of each rep so it's more fluid.
a new video from today, hope it's about alright now ...
That's it! Good job!
woohoo... Thank you for your guidance, Cole!
Guess I'm good to move on now? Still have to keep shrugs in my warm ups...
3 minutes ago, Tobias Magnussen said:woohoo... Thank you for your guidance, Cole!
Guess I'm good to move on now? Still have to keep shrugs in my warm ups...
I have found a single set of 50 as a warmup for planche excellent and productive ![]()