With HBP/PE11 I'm reaching the first exercise where I lack the required equipment, no parallel bars in my house
Did anyone come up with a good alternative to train that movement?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HBP/PE11 Russian dips - no parallel bars, alternative?
Started by Luzian Scherrer, March 19, 2016 · 3 Replies · 272 Views
Hi Luzian,
Do you have enough room in your home to fit the real apparatus?
How about a set of 2" dowel long parallettes that you could even screw into high plywood boxes (or top of sturdy storage shelving structure). Anyone tried that?
I'm far from crossing that bridge with p bars. Just got my stall bars installed, but I experienced a similar situation.
What's it going to cost me to go forward? Do I have what it takes to do GST? Everything has a price, and I don't mean just money.
Many questions are dancing in my head: Is the solution to move out of town, jusr so I can have acess to a gymnastic facility... Or am I going to open a new location? If so, who's going to fund it! What would it take to become a GST affiliate in the future... All, just so I have the basic equipment available to get the job done for my own training and development.
I believe in working with what you have and making the best with it, in any endeavor, while the process shows you the way. I've noticed that my life evolves based on what I focus on and my priorities.
At some point, you either firm up your commitment to your practice, in which case, you have to usually make changes to your environment, habits, and even relationships; or you move on to something else. There's only so much one can do without having the proper tools...
It sounds like you're at a point where something needs to shift.
Look around the a local play grounds. It is interesting to see how other people start exercising or being outside when they see someone else doing the same.
When you have the chance look through the pages of the "Equipment" section
My crossfit gym doesn't have dip bars, so i used those boxes that they have, that's about chest height for me. It's little different than the bar, but the principle is the same