Rings dislocates

Started by Francesco Pudda, March 19, 2016 · 6 Replies · 3,610 Views

Francesco Pudda

What would be the requirements to even try slow rings dislocates (from german hang to dead hang)? What would they be if they were to be done from a swing instead?

 

Because I'm attending an adult gymnasts class and my teacher told me to try that, but I didn't feel very comfortable with those :/

Coach Sommer

Your teacher is an idiot.

When you reach 22kg on your weighted dislocate work (both under and over grip) your shoulders will be ready for this, not before.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Francesco Pudda

Thanks coach! Is 22 a standard or I should make a percentage out of my weight (72kg)?

Alexander Egebak

Just go for it. It literally plus or minus a few kilos, but you probably still have to work hard for it.

Coach Sommer

Begin with 1 or 2kg and build gradually from there.

Do not attempt to start too heavy or force reps.  This is as foolish as that instructor asking you to do hanging dislocates with full bodyweight.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Francesco Pudda

Thank you, I will do as you say :)

Alexander Castiglione

Thanks Coach for chiming in. Just to clarify - we're shooting for 22kg as close as possible to shoulder width yes? Because I'm at about 10kgs pretty close to shoulder width. Any heavier I have to widen.