leg position in tuck planche

Started by Kenneth Manning, October 28, 2009 · 0 Replies · 2,094 Views

Kenneth Manning

As I've been tooling around with my tuck planche work, I discovered this week that I'm able to hold the tuck planche position nearly shoulder high (so so close) for sets of 5-8 seconds when I'm in what I guess one would call a "straddle tuck" planche position. Essentially, I squat down and put my palms right against my toes, then as I lean forward into the tuck planche position, I keep my legs bent, but instead of tucking my knees to my chest, I straddle my legs to the outside of my elbows. Obviously there is no contact between my arms and legs. Anyway, I seem to be able to get my hips higher by straddling my tucked-legs to the outside of my arms vs tucking then together into my chest.

Any potential problems working the tuck planche this way?