Here is my first form check on my push ups and im.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Elias Lehtinen, March 18, 2016 · 14 Replies · 306 Views
Here is my first form check on my push ups and im.
Looks good!
Found this topic from the page 21 .. it's been a while it seems ![]()
This is how my push ups look now. I've been doing 4x12 for a while and the video is set 3.
Any comments? Thanks!
Pretty good!
These are definitely within spec, a couple of refinements would be, keep the same degree of arch in the lower back at the bottom of the rep as you have at the top, and keep the knees locked straight.
Will do, thanks!
Hi,
I regressed from 4x15 to 5x9 push ups due to some shoulder issues i've been having for couple of months now.
I have seen a physio over a month ago and she said its impingement type of issue. She also said that I have really bad internal rotation in both shoulders (right one has the issues). She gave me some daily workouts to do incl. stretch for the internal rotation (sleepers strech), scap push ups, and some band work to activate my lower traps and stabilizer in my shoulder.
I have no idea what triggered this in my shoulder. I have not been working thru pain. My guess is I over did the push ups. When I got tired my right elbow started to flare out. Also when doing the xiaopengs there has been a feeling something restricting the movement on the top.
I've been able to do my workouts pain free. Currently I'm not doing any stuff including shoulder flexion that's where the pain comes. Extension stuff is ok only bad mobility on that part too.
So coaches, what would be your advise from here? Are there any excersices that I should avoid when having bad internal rotation and extension (The physio didn't say any, only no pain).
Here's my current form on the push ups..I tried to include the iM but my camera anckle is useless, sorry for that.
Hi Elias, in foundations 1 there are no dangerous exercises for a pronounced internal rotation. Usually internal rotation refers to tight pec minor, tight chest major, tight lats. have you ever considered the thoracic bridge course?
Yes, I've been doing the bridge course since 4-2016. Now I have to skip quite a few stretches though.
Here is another form check on my push ups and the iM. How do they look?
The shoulder issues I mentioned above are all gone and they feel better than ever. I found a good osteopath and it was a major help, super glad about that :). I also have been doing flexion and extension (those suggested by Alessandro in many other topics) stretches daily. The issues came from tightness in my shoulders and there wasn't anything damaged.
I'm now able to do the iM with 2kg, previously this would have tired my shoulders too much. I have been doing 5x9reps for a few months now and thinking of moving to 4x12 soon.
I have found that endurance strength takes forever to get better for me. I have now decided to do upper body two times a week (have done it A/B style for a long time) and core once a week. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks as always :).
Bump
I would highly appreciate an opinion on this one please. Is my form good, should I change my schedule and so on? I've been doing push ups 18 months now.
Thank you!
Hi Elias,
Your form on your PE looks good. Nice work. On you iM, remember to rotate your shoulder into shoulder extension while your arm is by your ear.
I think that training upper body 2 times per week is a good idea. Because each person's body is different, everybody needs to find the point in their training where their body is happy.Your body might benefit from doing your upper body workout more frequently.
Thank you Jeffrey for the reply. I see how it goes with the new schedule.
Hi all,
I dont know what to say. I've been doing these for "awhile".
I dont feel anything in my triceps, its all shoulders.
Everyone feels his/her weak point, in your case the triceps. strive to stop 1 second in the top position with more protraction.