Hello!
Here's a deload weeks form check. How is my form?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Elias Lehtinen, March 18, 2016 · 13 Replies · 192 Views
Hello!
Here's a deload weeks form check. How is my form?
A fairly minor point on the PE, elbows directly under the shoulders, they appear to be slightly in front. That and keep steady, once you start the just have faith that the camera will not get up and run away. ![]()
iM; maybe the camera angle but looks like the right leg is lifting higher than the left. IN either case, that's not really the point of this iM. Think WIDE and keep hollow so you're lifting from the hamstrings and glutes, not the lower back. No twisting or arching.
I'm pretty sure these are all easy fixes for you.
Hahaa..
Just checking am I still there.
Once again thank you Cole for your time! I'll keep PPTing away!
How is this looking? I've been using too much lower back on this and trying to eliminate that.
For me, you're trying too hard to lift your leg, just straighten it and keep it to the side. both hip pointers should remain pressed on the edge of the table.
Got it! I agree the too much leg lifting part completely. Will do some adjustments. Thanks again Cole.
Hi Elias,
Your glutes and legs look strong. As you noted, you're using your lower back excessively and kinda rotating and side flexing your spine. One thing that might help you is to focus on the feeling of pulling your abs in (up) towards your back and locking that hollow, flatter lower back position from the start to help stabilize your spine. I'm sure you're working on it, but sometimes the lower body movement from the legs throws it out of the window, which is why I recommend to focus on that core stability FIRST and THEN slowly moving your legs while never losing that core marker.
When I teach prone type elements, I often use the cue of making room under your belly for an imaginary small soup plate turned upside down (or suction cup), which you don't want to press against with your belly. Sometimes, I place a soft & thin ankle weight under my clients' belly as a demo, so they can instantly get feedback when they release their core and involuntarily press against the ankle weight. Then I take it out once they get the point.
Interesting pointers Eva and sounds exactly what I need to do. I'll try to aply those to my next workout. Thank you! :-)
I've been struggling with the form on this for a while now. How is it now?
I made a self diagnostic some time ago when doing the middle split course. On the last SE (roll thru) when lying prone on my stomach and starting to straddle my legs, my rom is very limited and it feels/stretches the sides of my glutes. Im also struggling some with diamond frog and piriformis. Are those connected to this iM somehow?
There are 2 common mistakes showed:
-when legs is extended it should reach the final position (maximum hip extension) in the same moment as the knee reaches the maximum extension. actually you are extending the knee and hip and after you are moving the extend lower limb to the side.
-the resting leg must be held tucked like the starting position. no movements to the side are permitted.
-glutes are no stretching, glutes are squeezed during hips extension.
I see what you are saying. Thank you Alessandro!
Here are two videos from a different ankle. How is my form now?
Nice work.
Wohoo! And thanks again Alessandro!