This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 Form Check

Started by Sam Andersen, March 18, 2016 · 3 Replies · 96 Views

Sam Andersen

I was on sPL/SE4 and failed miserably so I thought I should go back to earlier progressions and make sure my form is correct.  One thing that seems to be difficult for me to recognize is when my scapula is both protracted and depressed.  I am including a link to a video that shows me attempting sPL/PE5 planche lean with two different forms.  Hopefully one of the forms is correct, maybe they are both wrong.  Any help will be appreciated.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_55bm3OJo

 

Thanks!!

Kate Abernethy

First demo is the way to go. Try setting yourself before leaning i.e. With arms vertical (and feet on the toes! ), protract hard and then lean while depressing the scapulae (moving shoulders towards your feet). Don't lean until you can feel this setting up. Lean to the point where your arms are now driving forwards hard via the hands against the floor to prevent loss of balance.

Cole Dano

As Kate says, the first is the correct line, but it needs to be have more hollow from the chest.

The reason the 2nd is 'wrong' is that you are hollowing there from the abs. Make the hollow happen by taking the chest in, which may feel like you pushing hard into the floor. 

Again as Kate says, it's best to activate this from the plank and slide it forward.

Sam Andersen

Thank you Kate and Cole!!  I feel like I have some good cues on how to perform this correctly.  This help is invaluable!!  Thanks again for taking the time.