Since the beginning of my Back Lever training I kept looking forward and my head as high as I could. When the set ended I would have some not really bothering afterpain at the back of the neck. Now I am at the Straddle Back Lever and today I got a pretty bad neck pain after I was done practicing it. Several hours have passed and I still have pain when doing some spesific movements with the neck. The source of it is a spot at the back and right but it hurts the most whe i turn my head to the right. Any suggestions? Should I stop keeping my head up during back lever? Should I start training my neck?
Neck Pain from Back Lever
Started by Gond Black, March 17, 2016 · 4 Replies · 4,369 Views
Back levers should not be trained by beginners.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Yes. Definitely keep the neck neutral in ANY exercises.
On the other hand, I don't know if you are a beginner or not, but if you are stop training seriously back lever.
In terms of back lever, if you have not mastered RC and are not relatively far along thru the MN iMs, you are a GST beginner.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Thanks a lot for the replies guys. After some serious thought I am backing off from such exercises for a while until a build a stable foundation.