This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Clicking on HBP/PE2>im

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, March 15, 2016 · 6 Replies · 168 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

My question is what is the best course of action to reduce the clicking on this element. Some days there is minimal, some days there is more (depending on my shoulder comfort: if I slept wrong, had a lot of work on a computer, or a lot of driving). Would it be better to lower the amount of weight I'm using -- 5lbs currently-- or to limit the ROM -- create a smaller circle with my arm (which I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do and also explain in words). I know my shoulders are problematic for me, so I want to be sure to train these in the best way possible as other mobilities really have helped create more ROM and less pain in my shoulder girdle in the times when I've done this and there's been no noisiness and I haven't pushed it. Thanks for any advice/insight in advance.

Oleksandr Popov

After examination in the orthopedic clinic the doctor told me that I had damaged the labrum. My shoulder clicks but no pain, so I suggest you get checked at the doctor.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

What did the doctor recommend as recovery for that issue?

Oleksandr Popov

The doctor advised to do therapeutic exercises, also said that it can be corrected by arthroscopy, but if there is no pain, then surgery is not required.

Oleksandr Popov

He also said that by itself it does not stick.:D

Cole Dano

Is the clicking causing pain? Clicking in and of itself can be totally benign.

Are you doing any other movements before hand to warm up your shoulders? On 'bad' days, you could warm up with some German Arm Swings, arm circles, etc...

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

No, not painful. But given the trouble and pain that my shoulders often have I don't want to risk something that isn't problematic becoming problematic if I can avoid it. Thanks for the tip Cole.