My question is whether I need to warm up the wrist pushup series with earlier elements? I'm mastered/mastering SE3 (and will likely move on to SE4 in the next block), but I'm wondering whether I need to treat these like Foundation elements, or more so like tumbling elements. I've gone about warming up with earlier PEs (PE3 and PE4), as well as not doing any specific warmup elements (though I always start my handstand workouts with scapular mobility and shoulder mobility work with theraband/bungees, and some dead hangs). Just wondering what an official recommendation would be? I'm not rushing it in terms of trying to get to higher elements, but am just curious if it's necessary to do warmup sets since it's skill work and not conditioning work or strength work, per se.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Wrist Prep Question
Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, March 15, 2016 · 3 Replies · 196 Views
Yes. I do those first always, and then follow with the wrist SE, but I was wondering if I need to do previous elements as a warmup or if that's suggested...
No, no need.
Stretch the wrists. Complete your current wrist prep exercises. Move on to the workout.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Thanks. I had been doing that recently and didn't feel any adverse downside to just going to wrist exercise I was working on.