This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bicep Tendonitis shared experience and a question

Started by Ryan Reynolds, March 15, 2016 · 1 Replies · 185 Views

Ryan Reynolds

GST+H1+Stretch + two or three games of racquetball and squash a week was too much for my Bicep Tendon.  I initially hurt it trying to be Super Dad on the family ski trip.  I carried 4 sets of skiing equipment across the parking lot at the end of our first day.  Super Dad had to try and do it in one trip:facepalm:.

My shoulder was very sore for a week I could hardly take my shirt off without grimacing.  Needless to say I took that first week back from the ski trip completely off from training and my racquet sports.   Week 2 the sharp pain was gone but my shoulder still felt tight but it would loosen up when I warmed it up.  Over that week I eased back to my regular schedule, But by Wednesday of week 3 it was very sore and tight so I went for a massage.  The RMT told me I had tendonitis.  She prescribed light stretching, heat when it was tight, ice when it was sore.

I found this video of PT exercises and stretches and have been doing them daily along with the heat and/or ice on occasion since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAL1IxAp3kU

 I would recommend it to anyone else having similar issues.  I've continued to play racquetball (enjoy it too much), and have only done the GST that don't involve the shoulders. 

Week 5 since injury and the tendonitis is gone and I've resumed full GST (stepped programming back on HBPPE2 + im and RCPE1and dropped the weight used for MNPE im1).  I played squash and racquet ball last night and all is great.  Handstands will be back in the schedule on Wednesday and TB is on the docket for today (going to go gentle)

Now for the question,

Though everything feels good there continues to be extra popping and cracking during GST and just in moving it around during the day.  Is the extra sound effects something to be concerned about?  Or should they resolve on their own. 

I know its hard to diagnose and advise over the inter-webs,  I thought even if I just get a go get it checked out at least I would share my story.

Thanks GB Forum.

Nuno Duarte

Hi Ryan!

I had bicep tendon tendinitis. I went to the doctor, receive treatment and backed off from other heavy training I was doing besides GST. I think shoulder mobility from H1, F1 and stretch series really helped me. 

I'm not a professional , this is my personal experience. Hope it helps!!