This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Negative Parallel Bar Dip - ON RINGS!!!! HBP/PE5

Started by Simon Piccirillo, March 15, 2016 · 2 Replies · 208 Views

Simon Piccirillo

Hello there guys

Wanted to get your advice.....for HBP/PE5 I have access to rings but not a parallel bar at my gym at work.....and no, this isn't an easy thing to change. 

I know the difficulty level is a massive jump up so wanted to see about ideas of scaling the exercise on rings or possible just changing the reps or time.

So I had 2 ideas....either

1. Change the overall aim for reps of master to be 5, not 10. 

OR 

2. Keep the rep/time scale and change the time from 10secs to 5 secs. 

Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated. 

 

Thanks 

 

Simon 

Alessandro Mainente

Use 2 chairs.

Use 2 boxes.

Use more steps one above the other.

Rings is not the best option and scale the movement does not reduce the amount of scapula stability that is needed.

Simon Piccirillo

Hello Alessandro 

 

 

Thank you for your reply. If thats the case then how about these, I'll just have to buy these and keep these at home

http://www.strengthwarehouse.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=107&products_id=480

I used to have shoulder problems years ago and appreciate if you think there is no way to scale it then I'll just have to avoid doing them on the rings altogether. 

Thank you for your response 

 

Simon