This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

2-4/1-2?

Started by Jason Dupree, March 14, 2016 · 4 Replies · 237 Views

Jason Dupree

How exactly are we supposed to interpret the "2-4/1-2"? 2-4 thumbs for guys and 1-2 for girls? I know in the lesson you said 2 fingers is good for lunch, that's pretty clear. Just confused by the way the task is written.

Jeff Serven

Must be a typo

Jared Lybbert

I'm in agreement with comment and the other lessons where this shows up It conflicts with the text and video and is a little confusing.

2-4/1-2 in one lesson  or 2-3/1-2 in another.
 

Carlo Romero

Just following up on this thread to confirm then that we are only supposed to be eating 1-2 thumbs worth of fat for lunch. I have been more liberal on fat allowances some days since it seemed I had the option to go for 2-4 thumbs, but it seems the "2-4" seems to be a typo. The title of the sub-forum still references the 2-4 so I was hoping for a confirmation?

I see that under Lunch Fat "Adding Fat" subthread, that it is discussed that a fattier cut of meat could count as the "added fat" (but not necessarily in the case of just eating chicken skin without the dark meat or using some cooking oil to cook the meat, as this is factored into the Thrive program approximate proportions.).

It would seem to follow that it is advisable to eat (i) chicken skin with dark meat and/or (ii) fattier cuts of meat (like a ribeye and eating part of the marbeling) only during lunch; to do so at dinner time would seem to be "adding fat" when we are supposed to be limited to lean meat, veggies and starch. Just trying to refine how the pieces fit, comments are welcome.

Julia Quigley

Great query! My understanding is we should eat two fingers (not thumbs) of added fat at lunch and that any fat in a meat doesn't count, just the added oils/fats to prepare a meal. 

As for dinner, no added fat is prescribed, and Jeff has commented that fat can make digestion sub optimal for sleep...

However, Thrive 1 doesn't ask us to eliminate anything, and my sleep quality is great, so I personally don't bother tracking fat at dinner at this time :ph34r: