This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bungees recommendation

Started by Christian Traynor, March 13, 2016 · 3 Replies · 192 Views

Christian Traynor

Hi everyone. Can someone recommend a place to buy an appropriate bungee for thoracic band pulls? Can't buy them in Edinburgh and online shopping a lot don't specify length etc. At my gymnastics hall we have green ones the correct resistance but they are way to short for example.

Some pointers on length, brand would be very much appreciated. :)

Ronnicky Roy

Personally, I just went to Dick's Sporting Goods and got a couple resistance bands, with different tensions and handle attachments.
I'll set myself up so at the top and bottom of the motion there is never slack.

Merunas Astrauskas

Hey Christian,

I recently got the following shock cord for TB series (in 5mm and 8mm):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0073U89VM
Go for the 5 meter length and adjust from there. I use the 5mm for the supine pull and the 8mm for the prone pulls. I find the 3mm to be useless as it doesn't provide enough tension.  Mind you that these are my first bungee bands so I don't exactly have any experience with different ones.

There's also a nice thread I suggest you check out that discusses bungees, perhaps that will give you some ideas.

:)

Christian Traynor

Thank you very much for the timely info people. It is very much appreciated. :)