This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

I'm starting to "understand" F1 - how do incorporate H1?

Started by Kevin Easton, March 13, 2016 · 4 Replies · 180 Views

Kevin Easton

When I started Foundations I was moving too fast through the weeks/steps.  After a few threads (big thanks to Cory) I think I can now understand the way GB works and really need to slow down my pace.

It's tough to do, when I am so used to working out to failure all the time BUT it's an adjustment.

I have been doing Foundations1 about 3 times per week. 

Now that I am ramping down the intensity and focusing on technique to allow my joints and connective tissue to adjust, I think I should have some gas left in the tank to add in handstand 1

If I am doing F7, 3 times per week how would you add in Handstand 1?  How many days per week?

Matic Balantic

Not sure what you think with not working out to failure. As far as I understand training and GST is that you have to work out to failure. Only that you have to be aware that failure is when you are no longer able to keep perfect form. Often times people are not used to workout as hard as they should. They break form and do the last few reps halfway instead of pushing a far as humanly possible while keeping good form.

As far as I see people around me, often times they train too often with either not enough effort and consistency or they are sacrifising quality over quantity. I find F7 3 times a week is quite a lot. You have to find the frequency with which you can regenerate enough to progress consistently.

H1 is mainly skill training and shoulder mobility and is not as taxing on the body as Foundation training. I would add handstand training two times per week at the beginning.

This is just my opinion though, would be happy to hear what more experienced people have to say :)

Kevin Easton

I was sacrificing form for reps.  That's probably the best way to describe it. 

Christian Nogueira

You could do H1 on the days you don't do F7. Albeit, some weeks can be tough, in general H1 work is light.

Mark Collins

You can add H1 to another day so you are training 4 days a week. Alternatively you could drop a day of F7 and perform H1 on that day so you are still training 3 days a week.