I'm wondering how exactly to measure fat portions for olive oil?
It seems like 1T is about 1 thumb - would that be correct?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cameron Williams, March 12, 2016 · 6 Replies · 218 Views
I'm wondering how exactly to measure fat portions for olive oil?
It seems like 1T is about 1 thumb - would that be correct?
If you really want to get OCD. For 2 weeks measure out 1T every time you use it and you will know just by looking at it after that.
Back when I was a 20 year old idiot I use to do bodybuilder diets where you weigh and measure everything and eat ever 3 hours. To this day I can still look at a piece of meat and tell you exactly what it weights. Note this was a stupid waste of time that produced no long term results but it will get you an eye for how much your eating. Very steep price to pay for very little benefit.
I hear what you're saying about not being too obsessive about it... My question was more about how to count it towards my lunch fat goal. If I'm having a homemade olive oil dressing with my salad and counting that as my fat, I'm wondering how to count two thumbs/fingers to fulfill my fat quotient.
Or is it fine to just dress the salad and assume that that covers it? (No pun intended)
Ahh I see what your asking. You want to put a liquid fat measurement to the "two fingers". Call it 1.5T.
Exactly... Thanks!
Can you please clarify the lunch portion of fat?
The task says: 2-4/1-2 thumb size portions of a healthy fat with lunch
Does that mean 2-4 one thumb size portions or...? The liquid equivalent would be 2-4 Tablespoons?
Sorry but the way it's written is confusing. Thanks!
1-2