Hi, tried the search but did not find something about this,
My goal is only to get stronger/ gain the strength to perform higher level movements, muscle size itself is not a big concern but I do like muscle density, which comes with hard low rep training. Thus I only do stuff for 2-6 reps and/or holds for 4-15 seconds. I do not care at all about high endurance ( If I can do something 6 times easily or hold for 30 seconds I'm good )
I been experiencing with doing lower level stuff, but at a very slow pace for the same amount of reps ( like regular pullups VERY slow instead of assisted one arms, regular slow hanging legs raises instead of assisted one arm leg raises ).
When I do them, if I go very slow then of course, I can only do a few reps ( 2-5 )
But are they any useful? Do they provide some kind of strength benefit other than what I am already doing? It seems like all I am really doing is endurance work... even if it's low reps. I don't want to bother with it if all it does is work my slow twitch muscle fibers (endurance) these are not the muscle fibers I care to develop.
I been reading stuff about connective tissue online but that seems to be related to endurance, I'm not sure though. From what I know so far, strength has a lot to do with tendons and how hard the muscle can contract, I am new to this connective tissue thing.
Any help or advice appreciated.