This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2 help

Started by Wayne Grima, March 12, 2016 · 3 Replies · 199 Views

Wayne Grima

Screenshot%2070.png

 

Hi, I'm seeking advice as my form for this element is off at this point. I'm only doing step 2

and I videoed myself to see how it is looking and when I watched it I was surprised how my

legs are way out of line with my torso, it sure didn't feel like it looked, it felt as it should be.

after my 5 sets of 12 sec holds I continued to practice a while and when I tried to get my legs

in line I would tip forward (I was about a foot from a wall). Is there some underlining issue I

need to work on that I'm unaware of.

I would really appreciate some advice, many thanks Wayne

Cole Dano

If you can video yourself going from the piked position in the photo, to opening  your hips and tipping it may help.

It could just be a fear of falling backward which is causing you to fall forward to safety, or tight hip flexors, or a combination.

Try doing this element with these variations

- back all the way against the wall, and legs to the wall. How much do you have to arch in order to do that?

- facing the wall, elbows as close to the wall as possible, toes on the wall toes off the wall

- away from the wall trying to get straight alignment, so if you do tumble over, you won't hit the wall

Wayne Grima

Thanks Cole, I'll try doing it against the wall and see how much arch I have in my back.

Wayne Grima

Just to update, I'm pretty sure it was the way I entered the headstand position with the hips

as you indicated Cole, after doing them again and checking my body is much better aligned.