I performed in shoulder width and used a 1kg/2.2lbs plate. Is my form okay except for lack of ROM and my unconscious/unnecessary wrist extension? I really was trying to retract and depress the scapula.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ron Roitman, March 10, 2016 · 4 Replies · 128 Views
I performed in shoulder width and used a 1kg/2.2lbs plate. Is my form okay except for lack of ROM and my unconscious/unnecessary wrist extension? I really was trying to retract and depress the scapula.
I said that more and more times: it is not important how much weight are you lifting and how much closer hands are IF you cannot show the necessary range of movement, e.g. 90° extension.
drop down weight or increase hands width in order to show the correct range of movement.
9 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:it is not important how much weight are you lifting and how much closer hands are IF you cannot show the necessary range of movement, e.g. 90° extension.
That goes in my training notes.
Okay thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of the importance of always being in 90 degrees shoulder extension. I'll upload a better attempt next week following your advice. Thanks again ![]()
Answered my question. I've found that inlocates help a ton with this progression. Basically underhand grip dislocates. Obviously, your hands are going to be wide, wide, wide, I'm also still using 2.5lbs but they are definitely helping. I'm a ways away from shoulder width with this >im, but I can tell that it's slowly coming along (could do SSE in the TBs pain-free today and a bit further back from sitting upright -- which is huge given my setbacks). See if the inlocates help at all, good luck on this >im. Lots of people are held up by this one.