I did the same thing for 9pm, worked quite well for me.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Thrive Before/After pics
Started by Colm O'Shea, March 10, 2016 · 37 Replies · 1,544 Views
I live in Spain and often I don't get to dine until 11pm-midnight - which is quite a normal dinner time in this country. I solved the "problem" by checking all of the dinner stuff in advance, and if I miss it, I simply don't check them the day after. A bit convoluted but better than missing the window because I didn't get home before midnight.
I am considering keeping a food journal and "phasing" all of my tasks to the day after - meaning that every day I check the tasks based on my actions of the day before. Would solve entirely the "damn I missed checking tasks by 5 minutes" that happened to me two times already. But I'm only on step #8 and I based on what some of you said this wouldn't work further down the road...
Cory mentioned a few times some sort of functionality is coming for people who can't log in everyday due to jobs or whatever. Maybe that'll be of use to you, somehow. In the meantime, I don't see why you couldn't do what you describe, as long as you keep it true... But don't quote me on that, Jeff or Coach might come and scoff us for the idea, so disclaimer, proxies, VPN, witness protection and all. ![]()
37 minutes ago, Briac Roquet said:Cory mentioned a few times some sort of functionality is coming for people who can't log in everyday due to jobs or whatever. Maybe that'll be of use to you, somehow. In the meantime, I don't see why you couldn't do what you describe, as long as you keep it true... But don't quote me on that, Jeff or Coach might come and scoff us for the idea, so disclaimer, proxies, VPN, witness protection and all.
Haha yes maybe we should switch to talking about "my friend who is definitely not me" ![]()
My problem is not inability to be online, rather that I often literally can't have dinner until midnight (or even 1am if I am working). I also briefly considered switching my timezone to that of Portugal (one hour behind Spain), but I haven't investigated on that and I don't think I will ![]()
If ISIS captured your family and put them in a Syrian prison and told you the only way to get them out was to complete Thrive - do you think you would forget to check boxes? How long would it take you to complete the course? 9.5 weeks like Colm or would you leave your family in prison for longer?
Just make it that important in your mind. Google "Steve Jobs reality distortion field"
On March 11, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Cameron Williams said:
Colm, I was inspired by your post! So I thought I'd share my before and after pics as well. This is Jan 3rd and Mar 12th, so just a little over two months apart. I definitely noticed a difference! It's very encouraging to see the change. I'm pumped for how much change will happen over a year
ps... I was getting the fat portions way wrong for a while too... waaaay too much fat
Thanks for posting man,
Cam
Great work Cam! Not sure how closely you looked at these pics but I think I can see a big diff in the face and abdomen. If that's just following the course then I'm even more glad I invested. I "think" I know what I'm doing with nutrition but pics don't lie....
+1! Cam your doing good dude. It just takes time.
Thanks guys ![]()
Sean - you won't regret it. It's an excellent program with top-notch support. Let us know how you do!
Nice to see other forum regulars join Thrive. Welcome @Sean Wood! I concur with Cam, excellent program and I believe it's the missing link to speed up our progress in GB. Good luck dude and keep us posted. ![]()
Thanks Cam/Si, your support is greatly appreciated. I'm going to need it, just got going and now I'm sick. Right now fighting a flu while choking down my lunch veggies. Normally I wouldn't be bothered but since I paid for this, and don't want to lose progress, I'm unhappily chomping away. No appetite doesn't help but I know it's good for the immune system. Good thing is if they come up again I get the benifit of fermented. If I time it right I bet I could get credit for both lunch and dinner....
Inspired by some of the progress you guys have been posting I thought I'd share my own. Just finished Thrive this week and I can't tell you how happy I am that I went through it! Not only have I shed some body fat but I have much more energy, mental clarity, and it's made a world of difference in recovery from the GST sessions. Big thanks to Jeff Serven for making nutrition so easy to understand. I'm looking forward to continued progress.
Beast Mode Travis. Thats what we are going to change your name to.
On 1/2/2017 at 11:20 AM, Travis Joseph said:Inspired by some of the progress you guys have been posting I thought I'd share my own. Just finished Thrive this week and I can't tell you how happy I am that I went through it! Not only have I shed some body fat but I have much more energy, mental clarity, and it's made a world of difference in recovery from the GST sessions. Big thanks to Jeff Serven for making nutrition so easy to understand. I'm looking forward to continued progress.
![]()
Dude, Thrive led you to lose facial hair, too?! That's wild!