How important is it to get the 24 hour clock times aligned with the written times? My schedule has a similar rhythm, but is basically shifted forward 3-4 hours (So instead of dinner at 6, its at 9 or 10). I can afford to go to bed earlier (writing this at 12:30am) but if it's not a big deal I would rather not. As much as I love the sun, work ends late and i'm a night owl. I get plenty of sleep. I guess what my question is, is how much does the day/night cycle have an effect on us?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Day/Night Cycle
Started by Jason Dupree, March 10, 2016 · 2 Replies · 151 Views
Jason,
The sunlight has a huge effect on us! But, everyones life is set up a little different. I get up at 5am, I m in bed reading at 8pm. There are hours of me being awake that are dark as well. We just do the best with what we have. Your schedule is perfectly fine, I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Don't worry so much about the written times. Those are just averages for most people. Focus more on the hours from waking up. For example; eat breakfast within an hour of waking. Eat lunch 4-5 hours later and eat dinner 4-5 hours later. If you workout in there you can make it 5-7 hours with a snack before or after the workout. Sleep a proper amount.
Stick with a sold schedule for a month, 7 days a week and you won't need an alarm clock(Still use one for insurance). If you need to sleep in on the weekends, well that is a sign your routine is not stable.
Sorry if Im rambling, I never re read what I write on the forum here so sometime I go off in the wrong direction.
Awesome, good to know. I've already been waking up sans-alarm for a month or two (even when I'd like to sleep in!) After using one my whole life, it's fantastic. It's a HUGE contributor to happiness and stress relief.