This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/SE4 Rocking SLS Form Check

Started by Petri Widsten, March 10, 2016 · 6 Replies · 108 Views

Petri Widsten

I'm up to 4 x 5 on these dynamic pistols and would like a form check. https://youtu.be/zMik6v-xKZQ

Strengthwise these are a bit easier than regular pistols, so make a good progression, but do they have other, unique benefits? Just wondering if I should keep doing these after mastery. At least they are fun to do.

:)

Jason Dupree

Make sure to come down on one leg as well! It's basically a full pistol with a roll at the bottom. These are focusing more on the concentric. Static -> Negative -> Concentric -> Full. They have as much benefit as deck squats, which is to say, a lot :)

Petri Widsten

Oh, sure, I'll add that. So a kind of dynamic negative too (if that makes sense). Deck squats are fun as well.

Christian Nogueira

I find they're great for training balance (even better than regular pistols, in my opinion). 

Petri Widsten

Yes they are. Even better are A-to-G Hawaiians. I don't find balancing hard for regular pistols.

Christian Nogueira
20 hours ago, Petri Widsten said:

Yes they are. Even better are A-to-G Hawaiians. I don't find balancing hard for regular pistols.

Word ! 

In addition to balance, I find that rocking SLS force you to have better technique in terms of using your hamstrings. On regular SLS you kind of muscle too much out of the hole with just your quad, whereas the getting up in the rocking SLS forces you to use the muscles on the back of the leg more (can't explain why, though, and it may just be my personal experience).

Petri Widsten
2 hours ago, Christian Nogueira said:

Word ! 

In addition to balance, I find that rocking SLS force you to have better technique in terms of using your hamstrings. On regular SLS you kind of muscle too much out of the hole with just your quad, whereas the getting up in the rocking SLS forces you to use the muscles on the back of the leg more (can't explain why, though, and it may just be my personal experience).

Yeah, maybe in regular SLSs it's easier to keep a steady and horizontal leg alignment and keep the strain on the quad or the bottom positions are a bit different.