This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE1 Question

Started by Christian Krauss, March 9, 2016 · 3 Replies · 110 Views

Christian Krauss

Hey guys!

I just started F1 + H1 and realized I have some Problems in my left knee when doing the deck squat.

On the way down i dont have any issues exept sometimes popping sounds in the knee (no pain), once i get all the way down to the squat (ass to grass) i can feel a Little 'click' (no sound). I do the roll.. once i'm in the ass to grass squat posiotion again and press back to standing the knee not only cracks.. ist more like its 'grinding'. When a Little under 90° angle of the knee the grinding stops and im back in the starting postion. I've been having this for about 2-3 years but since there is little to no pain included (just feels weird) i didnt worry about it too much. Now that i have to do the full ROM again i got a Little concerned.. 

I've been having some issues with this knee before, went to see the doc - MRI showed a baker cyst, but nothing else (which i didn't expect because of instabillity and weakness in the knee i thought ACL).

Will the SLS progressions help me solve these issues in my knee or is this bad for my knee?

Thank you guys,

CK

 

 

John Crocker

I'm kind of in the same boat and would like to hear some thoughts on this. My left knee makes a very audible crackling sound on the way up and way down but no pain. I've always had loud popping joints so maybe its nothing.

Mark Collins

I would not be concerned. If you are worried take the full 12 weeks to get through each exercise.mthat way your body will have plenty of time to adapt.

Christian Krauss

I will do so, thank you!