This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Warm Up For SL/PE5

Started by Ron Roitman, March 9, 2016 · 5 Replies · 196 Views

Ron Roitman

Right now I'm on week 9 for SL/PE5.

My warm up is this:

30r of PE1, 10r of iM1.

10r each side of PE2+3, 10r of iM2+3.

10r of PE4(arch ups), 30sec of iM4 each side.

Isn't this too much for a warm up? It looks almost as I do two SL sessions

Is it alright to take 2min rest before beginning PE5 workout?

 

Thanks☺

Christian Nogueira

If it affects your performance then the warm up is too much. The purpose of the warmup is to warm your joints and muscles because it's harder to injure a warmed up joint and get your neural motor path ways primed for the real work. Maybe you could do some less reps of PE4, like just 5 maybe, and do either PE2 or PE3 instead of both. 

Douglas Reinot

I would drop one of the four warm up sets and see how that goes. You want to include 1 side flexion, 1 spinal rotation, and 1 back extension. PE1 and PE2 both work rotation, so I would skip one of them(probably PE1 just so I don't have to fuss with extra weights) and see if that helps. 

Espen Lofthus

I actually did mastery on SL/PE5 today. And I have always done the the warm-mup as you mention.

I then take enough rest-time before I start my work sets. It has worked for me.

Jon Douglas

Couple of minutes before your work sets is fine, but keep it reasonably shortas the point is to get and stay warm :)

It doesn't look like too much on paper, butit may be more than is necessary. If you're fine with progressing though, more quality volume is usually productive :)