This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GB Pro+

Started by ROBERT Burtchell, March 8, 2016 · 2 Replies · 368 Views

ROBERT Burtchell

I absolutely love the videos and pro format! I have been stuck on the same elements for awhile, but all to my own fault. I was going insanely slow on push ups, and doing 2x the amount of reps needed for a few other movements. So, thank you so much for this. It has been a godsend!!!

 

 

just my little "yippee" moment :)

Coach Sommer

If you think you're happy now, wait until you realize that GB Pro+ is capable of producing well over 1,000+ customized F1 workout routines for you to follow along with! ;)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Srini Duggirala

I just did my first follow-along F1 workout with GB Pro+ and here are my comments:

1. I agree with Robert about the tempo. The course videos are quite slow compared to the GB Pro+. I think that was on purpose as the course videos were mostly trying to highlight form over tempo. I was also doing several of my elements much slower than GB Pro+. With shaved off about 10 minutes on my F7 workouts (all elements - anywhere from step 4 to step 5, so the volume was quite heavy).

2. The girl's voice too low on the rep count and I could barely here her at full volume on my phone. Orench's voice was loud and clear. The low voice on the rep count was forcing me to look at the phone from time to time instead of focusing on my form. Not a biggie but it would certainly help.

3. On push-ups, Orench would say "chest to the floor" but he is not going all the way down ;-). I tried to emulate him and just go as low as he was going which was an inch or two from the floor.

4. The girl's ROM is way deeper than Orench on many elements and this is only to be expected as women's anatomy allows for fuller ROM. Again, I am only trying to reach Orench's ROM. Women, on the other hand should try to reach the girl's ROM levels.

5. The pause at the end of each video gives the perfect amount of break between elements. Go back to the dash board, log your work out and move on to the next element.

6. I know there is probably a reason behind the sequence of these elements but I'd think it will help to separate the pushup and rope climb elements instead of doing them back to back considering the fact that these are two of the toughest ones for most people. A little bit of recovery might help most folks.

7. I found the technical tips to be very helpful. Especially the ones on windmill. 

 

Overall, GB Pro+ is an excellent tool for my workouts and hope it will help speed up my progress. I have been doing GB for over a year now but had several breaks because life got in the way. My goal this year is to not miss more than 5 weeks(my vacation time) total and I will be very happy if I can accomplish that.

 

Thanks coach for continuing to provide us with high quality material. 

T-Nat