This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

spl/pe5 form check

Started by Danny Wolzak, March 8, 2016 · 16 Replies · 293 Views

Danny Wolzak

hi all,

 started with spl/pe5, only 2 sec :D, just curious if i have the right body-line.

danny

https://youtu.be/Us5Cltov1qQ

Cole Dano

Looks good, you may be loosing just a touch of PPT as you come forward.

Danny Wolzak

thank you, i try to focus one that.

it was the first time i tried spl/pe5.

gr,

danny

 

Cole Dano

The lean is good, but you are letting your shoulders collapse. As you come forward, keep pushing your chest up towards the ceiling. 

Danny Wolzak

Oké, Thanks 

Danny Wolzak

bump

Danny Wolzak

anybody ?

Maksis Riley

I'll chime in as this has been looked over and offer my opinion until someone of higher authority comes along. 

 

I think it's a lovely shape overall. The only adjustment I would probably suggest is to focus on depression of the shoulders. You can see them rise towards the ears. Personally I like to think of lengethning as I come forward rather than thinking "lean". The cue helps me :) long neck

 

Let's just tag @Alessandro Mainente @Jon Douglas and @Cole Dano to see what they think though ;)

Max

Cole Dano

Maksis is seeing the same thing as i am. It's very easy to loose the depression in this element, in part that can be caused by being a little too focused on rounding, which naturally leads to the forward movement of the shoulders. SO as you think of keeping the shoulders away from the ears, don't worry if that means you flatten just a bit as a consequence.

Danny Wolzak

Oke. Thanks maksis and cole.

I see what you mean, great cue, lllooonnggg neck, will try it next  workout.

 

Gr.

Danny 

Danny Wolzak

tried different positions today during my workout, i think that this is the best one.

https://vimeo.com/184525163

 

any improvement?

 

 

Maksis Riley

Looks great to me! Nice work!

 

Danny Wolzak

thanks, now build some endurance 

gr,

danny

 

Cole Dano

Perfect, very nice adjustments, I predict you will do very well with this as you progress.

Danny Wolzak

Thanks

Gr

Danny