This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help - waisting to much time at work

Started by Spearfisherman71, March 8, 2016 · 7 Replies · 215 Views

Spearfisherman71

Spent the last few days trying to get familiar with how the scheduler works, reviewing the forum, tutorials, etc, but still not sure I'm on the right track.  I just completed my first training session F7/3day-wk/pe1/step 1. I'm already in decent shape from Brazilian jiujitsu and weight training, so strength/endurance wise the workout was quit easy for me, although my form and mobility are lacking so I'm in no hurry to rush through it. For now, I changed my schedule to step up every session. Is the general idea to step up as often as you are capable, once a week, or something else? Also after you go through all the steps, do you start at the next item in the dropdown box, pe2/step1? Is the deload supposed to be every 4th week or 4th step? If anyone has a few minutes to get me straight I'd appreciate it.

Spearfisherman71
24 minutes ago, Spearfisherman71 said:

Spent the last few days trying to get familiar with how the scheduler works, reviewing the forum, tutorials, etc, but still not sure I'm on the right track.  I just completed my first training session F7/3day-wk/pe1/step 1. I'm already in decent shape from Brazilian jiujitsu and weight training, so strength/endurance wise the workout was quit easy for me, although my form and mobility are lacking so I'm in no hurry to rush through it. For now, I changed my schedule to step up every session. Is the general idea to step up as often as you are capable, once a week, or something else? Also after you go through all the steps, do you start at the next item in the dropdown box, pe2/step1? Is the deload supposed to be every 4th week or 4th step? If anyone has a few minutes to get me straight I'd appreciate it.

I should add, my schedule is such that I can't let the scheduler do what it probably is designed to do. I'm basically manually entering my workouts, on the days I think I will have available to train.

Douglas Reinot

Welcome!

In general as you progress an element past the last step, you'll move onto the next PE. You don't necessarily always need to start at step 1 though. If you're strong enough, you will be better served by jumping to step 5 or step 9. What's important is that at the beginning of your 4-week training cycle, all of your elements are on one of step 1, step 5, or step 9. It's completely normal to be on different steps and PE levels for different elements. From here you'll increase your step once a week (that's after 3 full workouts if you're doing F7 3 times a week) and then deload everything in the 4th week for 3 workouts.

It may take a few sessions to find where a really good working level is for each of the 7 elements, but the faster you get to the point where you're consistently challenging yourself, the faster you'll see the real benefits. I'd recommend going back through the course Intro Articles and taking a look at the following threads. Josh has a great response in the first link below

 

Spearfisherman71

Thanks,

.   It's starting to make a little more sense now. I wasnt expecting the getting started part to be this overwhelming. The scheduler seems to be simple in theory but then I the more I look at it and make adjustments and move stuff around to fit my schedule, I realized how easy I can screw it up and start to get confused. Sounds like I should just consider this week a trial run, test out this weekend to see which step to start at, and adjust the scheduler accordingly for next week. 

Douglas Reinot

Give it a trial run for a few sessions. The sets, reps and load scheduling will start to make more sense once you've reached that beginning limit and begin trying to make earnest progression. It might seem like a lot, but the hard work has been done for you. The details will click into place with a bit of practice and everything becomes incredibly intuitive after a few weeks. 

Matic Balantic
8 hours ago, Spearfisherman71 said:

Thanks,

.   It's starting to make a little more sense now. I wasnt expecting the getting started part to be this overwhelming. The scheduler seems to be simple in theory but then I the more I look at it and make adjustments and move stuff around to fit my schedule, I realized how easy I can screw it up and start to get confused. Sounds like I should just consider this week a trial run, test out this weekend to see which step to start at, and adjust the scheduler accordingly for next week. 

As of this week, you can schedule a mastery testing session in Workout Scheduler (click mastery testing button and select the exercises you want to test). If you will complete mastery for selected exercise, workout scheduler will automatically schedule a new mastery testing for the new exercise on your next workout. If you fail, it will automatically put you on the correct week from where you need to start with your training based on the number of reps you successfully completed. Hope that helps :)

Spearfisherman71
5 hours ago, Matic Balantic said:

As of this week, you can schedule a mastery testing session in Workout Scheduler (click mastery testing button and select the exercises you want to test). If you will complete mastery for selected exercise, workout scheduler will automatically schedule a new mastery testing for the new exercise on your next workout. If you fail, it will automatically put you on the correct week from where you need to start with your training based on the number of reps you successfully completed. Hope that helps :)

Ok, so I did set up scheduler to test mastery Friday and set the workouts to fit my schedule next week at step 5, just guessing that's @ where I will test at. So do you know if it will it change what I have in place next week since I entered it manually? Or will it Change the next workout which may be Saturday or Sunday. 

Matic Balantic

You probably have basic programming. It will change current week, if you have same exercises scheduled in this week, but not next week since you already set it up ...